It is often said that charity begins at home, so we can rightly say having a green society and planet at large, we ought to begin from our homes. We are in total control of what goes into and out of our homes which makes it exceptionally easy to make it environmentally friendly, thereby contributing to the greater good of a green plant.
Going green at home requires us to make some major and minor changes to our everyday lifestyle, our purchasing and consumption lifestyle. It could be a tasking and overwhelming activity and at the same time fun and cost saving.
We are providing you tips to creating a green home
- Save Energy: most often we tend to leave our lights, television air-condition and other appliances running in our absence, this those not just consume energy it multiplies cost. lessening our energy consumption of means less pressure on natural energy sources like water wind and solar.
2. Purchase Appliances with rechargeable batteries, they consume less resources during production and emit less harmful gases with an added advantage of durability, however if you most use batteries dispose them properly.
3. Go Digital, reduce paper use at home, replace note pads and newspaper with phones and tablets. Use cloth napkins instead of tissue.
4. Replace Conventional plastic bags with more durable shopping bags we next you go shopping, this helps you reduce the number of plastic bags going into you trash can
5. Donate perfectly good old clothes, appliances, utensils and more to shelter homes rather than storing them up.
6. Shop for Eco-friendly products with less packaging, helps you reduce waste generated at home
7. Learn to Re-purpose old stuff, this is a fun way to carry out DIY projects in weekends and holidays. You can convert buckets to follower pots, tiers to Ottoman chairs and much more
8. Plant some flowers around your home, they don’t just beautify your home they purify the air around home
9. Recycle! Recycle!! Recycle!!! don’t send you waste to landfills, sort them and send take them to your local recycling plant.
Going green at home requires consistent minor changes to create big difference to make you and your family live in a healthy world.